Download latest version of XiaoMiTool V2
What is XiaoMiTool V2
XiaoMiTool V2 (XMT2) is a unofficial tool for your personal computer that you can use to manage your xiaomi smartphone rom and software and do some modding easily.
XiaoMiTool V2 it's the follow-up of XiaoMiTool, with improved stability, more features and better graphics.
XiaoMiTool V2 will take care of most of the operations you would need to do, from when you connect the device to your pc until the desired rom or piece of software is installed.
XiaoMiTool V2 can download the latest official roms, twrp, root with magisk and decide which is the best way to install it on your device
XiaoMiTool V2 is the all-in-one tool to make modding easy for everyone with a Xiaomi smartphone.
Why XiaoMiTool V2 exists
Xiaomi devices awesome in hardware quality/price ratio, but when it comes to software anyone should be able to customize his own device and get the best experience out of it.
XiaoMiTool was born from the need of users, even those with more difficulties in computers and technology, to achieve the same device experience that only more nerdy, expert people were able to get.
XiaoMiTool V2 was designed to take this service to a next level, with better graphical interface, better portability, more stability and more upgradability.
XiaoMiTool V2 was developed thanks to user donations. I appreciated the generosity of people that recognized my work and decided to give me some money.
Which are the features of XiaoMiTool V2
- Autonomous fetching of roms (when available): official roms (chinese stable, beta, global stable, beta), xiaomi.eu roms, twrp, magisk and more to come.
- Autonomous fetching of device information and status: currently installed rom, bootloader status, recovery,...
- Autonomous decision of installation type: fastboot, stock recovery, twrp, fastboot recovery and more to come
- Autonomous device management: you enable the usb debug, XMT2 will take care of almost everything else (rebooting, querying information, sending commands)
- Autonomous driver installation: don't bother forcing driver installation on your PC, XMT2 will do it for you
- Autonomous tool installation: no other tool (minimal adb or else) is needed: XMT2 is all-in-one, install and run tool
- Built in bootloader unlock tool. Works the same as the official one.
- More to come
What XiaoMiTool V2 looks like?
How can I use it?
Just download and it install it on your PC first.
Then launch it and follow the instructions that will be prompted to you.
This tool is designed to be guided itself, with no need of boring guides to follow, if it needs you to do something, you will be prompted to do that.
The basic flow process is: launch XiaoMiTool V2, connect your device to your PC using the cable, enable USB debug, choose the rom you want to install when asked, wait, done.
How much XiaoMiTool V2 costs?
It's free. I don't require you to pay anything to me.
But, if you use it and it works for you and I helped you, you can still show your gratitude by offering me a beer.
Just press the "make a donation" button at the end of the installation and make a donation. Be sure I will drink a beer for that ;)
Is XiaoMiTool V2 safe to use?
It's hard to guarantee "100% safeness" with this kind of operations, but I designed it to be the most safe as I can get.
The chance of getting your device bricked is very little.
I'm not responsible anyway of any of the possible outcomes of the usage of this tool
If you are expert and you feel more comfortable not using it, go ahead, but for not expert user I would suggest to use XiaoMiTool as it's probably safer than the average user trying on his own.
Which devices are supported?
It works best with MIUI devices (smartphones, tablets, Xiaomi, Pocophone, Redmi).
Some functionalities might be compatible with other Xiaomi devices (Android one ones for example, or Blackshark).
Some might work even with other brand devices, but this tool is not designed to do that, so please use it with Xiaomi devices.
No smartwatches, TVs or any other type of device are supported.
Which languages are available?
Yhe available languages/transaltions can be found here
If you want to translate XiaoMiTool in your language, go to the transaltion section.
Can I unbrick my device with this tool?
XiaoMiTool will try to unbrick your device with the best procedure available. It will use both fastboot and the stock recovery to flash a stock rom, wiping the data partition.
In some cases the device might not be unbricked with this tool, for example if it is hard-bricked.
Read more of the issues on XDA:
- This MIUI version can't be installed on this device issue XDA
- Anti-rollback brick issue XDA
Can I unlock the bootloader without waiting with this tool?
No, official unlock procedure cannot be bypassed, this tool just replicate what the official tool does.
So, the same rules apply: you have to bind your account to the device and wait for 15 days
Which platforms are supported by this tool?
XiaoMiTool V2 can run on Windows, Linux and Mac OS.
This tool didn't worked for me, where can I report it?
Feedback is gold since I cannot spend 3242 hours testing the tool.
If you find an error then report it in the feedback section below.
Your Enghlish is bad, you know?
Yeah, my English is not the best, but I hope you can understand it enough :)
I cannot run the app on Mac because it tells me that the app is not signed
Just right click and press "open", then confirm you want to open it.
XiaoMiTool is a tool for the community of all the world. Translations can help those who don't understand English very well. You can contribute by translating XiaoMiTool to your native language.
You can see which languages are already present by visiting the following link: languages.
If you want to translate, you can do it, you will not get paid but you will be credited in the bottom left part of the program main window, with an optional hyperlink to one online page.
To create a translation, you have to translate the values of the following language XML file: English XML in a new XML file. Make sure to follow this guidelines or the transaltion will not be valid:
- Do not change the ids of the XML file, only the values. For example <string id="tip_window_close">Close</string> should become something like <string id="tip_window_close">Chiudi</string>
- Keep all of the format special word (such as %1$s) as they will be replaced by other words. For example, the value "Enter %1$s mode" might become "Enter recovery mode" at runtime, therefore when translating it you should put something "Entrare in modalità %1$s" as it will become "Entrare in modalità recovery". Keep this in mind to put better translations around the format words.
- You can force new lines by using the "\n" notation as you will find in the Enghlish file. You should use it only in long texts with multiple sentences, between the sentences. Do not use it if they are not used as well in the English version.
- Don't change the meaning of the sentences. It's ok to rephrase a sentence if it sounds better differently in your language, but it's not ok to change the menaning. Do not add parts that are not there and try to keep all of the parts that are there.
- Keep a similar length of text if possible. The graphical interface was designed with Enghlish in mind and regulated on the length of English transaltion. If the text "I understand" becomes "asdjjdsfljiasdfalsfjasdfjasdlflasdfjas", then there might be problems in the length as the some of the text might become truncated or a GUI object might break the size borders.
- Specify the name you want to be credited with in the "translator" key of the file and the url of the hyperlink in the "transaltor_url". Offensive words or names are not tolerated. For the credit text, you can put whatever you like, for example your name, your nickname on a forum or an email address you want to be displayed to the users. Just make sure it's not too long. For the hyperlink url you can leave it blank if you are not interested or you can put the URL of one page that will be opened in the browser when the user clicks on the credit name. Only pages of well known domains/website are allowed. For example, facebook/google/xda/reddit/twitter/... The url will be judged by the developer and eventually removed immediately or in the future if considered not valid.
Device not found issue
I know that some users got the issue where XiaoMiTool is not able to detect and connect to the device, especially on Windows machines. Unfortunatelly it's hard to debug this problem as it's related to ADB and the ADB driver issues that happen without a clear cause. On the developer PC this issue is not happening with the tested devices. XiaoMiTool is installing the Android USB driver used by the OEM (Xiaomi) and has a background service forcing the use of that driver on the device. However, this is not solving all of the problems and as of now, there is not a global solution. Here are some methods that could solve the problem, but are not guaranteed.
- Reboot the PC,
- Reboot the Xiaomi device,
- Change the USB port used to connect the device,
- Change the USB cable used to connect the device,
- Disable and renable the USB debugging. I'm working to improve as much as I can XiaoMiTool also from this perspective, but it's hard since I don't have the problem to work with.
Download XiaoMiTool V2
|V20.7.28 (beta)||Click here|
|V20.7.21 (beta)||Click here|
|V9.11.10 (alpha)||Click here|
|V9.8.7 (alpha)||Click here|
|V9.4.10 (alpha)||Click here|
|V9.4.1 (alpha)||Click here|
|V9.3.29 (alpha)||Click here|
|V9.3.18 (alpha)||Click here|
|V9.3.14 (alpha)||Click here|
Leave a feedback
The preferred feedback method is using the built-in feauture using the following schema:
1) Try to use XiaoMiTool
2) If you find a bug or error, don't close XiaoMiTool, click the settings icon, click "Send feedback"
3) You can write a quick report of the error you encountered, it's not necessary (if you see the error details in the tool then those details are already included in the tool, if the tool is stuck or doesn't show an error, then please include a brief description of what happened)
4) Please include log files, feedbacks without log files are close to useless
If you want to leave a detailed feedback or private feedback you can send an email to [email protected], please always attach the log files which are usually in C:\XiaoMi\XiaoMiTool2\res\tmp\logs on Windows and in /opt/xiaomitool/res/tmp/logs on Linux.
Feedbacks without log files are close to useless.
But if you want to leave a general opinion or ask a question, please do it in the comments section below